Eugene graduated from LSE with a Masters in Management Science (Decision Sciences) in 2015 and holds a BA in Marketing and Management from Newcastle University. Eugene has enjoyed two notable placements over the past few years, one with the Behavioural Insights Team at HMRC and another as a supply chain planner at SCA Hygiene Products.
Eugene's research lies at the intersection of emotions, decision making and public policy. There is a greater impetus for evidence-based decision making today more than ever, most of which rely on a proper collection, analysis and exchange of critical information between one or more individuals. Yet, research show that experts and lay individuals rarely collaborate effectively to make informed decisions. This demands a closer inspection of the behavioural biases that hamper effective shared decision making.
As opposed to standard normative models of shared decision making, I investigate the cognitive, emotional and social biases that hinder genuine collaboration and rational decision making in healthcare. My research into the behavioural forces that shape doctor-patient interactions will contribute knowledge on the ways in which experts implement shared decision making effectively across the board to promote person-centered care.
Eugene and WBS are proud to partner Which?, the UK consumer rights association, in their projects.
*Eugene Tay has been awarded his PhD in April 2020. He now works for the National University of Singapore.
- Which? | Behavioural Insights Analyst
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Behavioural Insights Team) | Behavioural Insights Analyst
- SCA Hygiene Products | Supply Chain Planner
- University of Warwick | PhD Behavioural Science (Current)
- London School of Economics and Political Science | MSc Management Science (Decision Sciences)
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne | BA (Hons) Marketing and Management
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Behavioural Insights Team) | Practitioner's guide to A/B Testing
- SCA Hygiene Products | The Balanced scorecare and its effect on team performance
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (The Pitch 2012) | Spark, Hype & Grow
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Management Science | Overall Best Performance
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
- SCA Hygience Products | IMPACT Award
- The Pitch 2012 | 2nd Place
- International Undergraduate Scholarship
External Links and Affliations
eugene dot tay dot 15 at mail dot wbs dot ac dot uk
Behavioural Science Group
Warwick Business School