Your immigration responsibilities
It is important that, as an international student, you comply with the UK immigration regulations during your registration at the University.
You are required to:
- Present your original passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit at a 'right to study' check.
- Provide the University with a copy of your ATAS certificate (if applicable).
- Keep your UK contact details up to date with the University via: www.warwick.ac.uk/go/evision
- Keep your UK contact details up to date with the Home Office .
- Re-enrol for your course on time each academic year when you are asked to do so.
- Study whilst you are in the UK, ensuring that you meet the progression and attendance requirements of your course with no significant gaps or absences.
- Ensure you remain to be engaged with study or your work placement for any period of time abroad or elsewhere in the UK, whilst the University is still sponsoring you under Tier 4.
- Follow University processes if you decide to defer or suspend your studies, change your registration status, or withdraw from your course.
You are strongly advised to consult our Change in your circumstances webpage to understand how such changes would affect your current immigration status.
You may wish to contact us for immigration advice if you are still unsure after reading the information on our webpages.
- Apply for permission from the Home Office UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) if you change education provider to another approved Tier 4 sponsoring institution.
- Ensure you do not breach the conditions of your visa.
Do not break the rules on working.
Do not Claim public funds
Ensure you register with the Police, if required, and make an appointment to update your Police Registration Certificate within 7 days of any change to your circumstances.
- Report a change of course where the course is shorter than the course you got permission to stay for to:
- Report any change of circumstance to the UKVI using the Migrant Change of Circumstances form
- To ensure that you continue to retain a valid visa by extending or applying for a new visa before your current visa expires (if you are eligible to do so) and that you provide the University with a copy of any new visa/ immigration permission.
- To ensure you present the University with your renewed passport each time this is obtained. You must bring the original passport.
The University’s immigration responsibilities
The University has the following responsibilities and duties under the Points Based System which we are required to comply with in order to retain our Tier 4 Sponsor Status and continue to invite international students to study at Warwick.
- To ensure that those students who require immigration permission to study in the UK have such permission.
- To take and keep copies of the current passport and visa/ Biometric Residence Permits for students to whom we have issued a CAS and who are granted their visa.
- To keep up to date contact details for our international students (and to keep a record of any changes of address).
- To check the enrolment of our students and to report any failure to enrol to the Home Office.
- To monitor students’ attendance and progression and report to the Home Office any failure to meet the University’s requirements for progression and attendance as set out in the university regulation on student registration, attendance and progression.
- To monitor changes of status and to report deferrals, suspensions, withdrawals and course terminations to the Home Office.
- To notify the Home Office of any significant changes in your circumstances (such as the change of course, change of study location or the successful completion of your course where this is earlier than expected).