ANCIENT DRAMA FESTIVAL FOR SCHOOLS 2018,
Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
PREVIOUS ANCIENT DRAMA DAYS
Warwick Classics Ancient Drama Day for Schools
- 2017, Sophocles' Antigone, Warwick Arts Centre
- 2016, Aristophanes' Lysistrata, Warwick Arts Centre
- 2015, Aristophanes' Thesmophoriazusae, Warwick Arts Centre
- 2014, Plautus' Pseudolus, University of Warwick
- 2013, Euripides' Bacchae, University of Warwick
- 2012, Aristophanes' Clouds, SU Copper Rooms. At the Student Union Society Awards, the Classics Society won Warwick Volunteers Community Award for these workshops.
Feedback on past workshops:
'Students thought the facilities were lovely, and really enjoyed going to a University to explore what it would be like. We were clearly guided as to where things were, and found everyone very helpful. It has re-confirmed for them that they want to go to University, and appreciated exploring whilst feeling comfortable with who they were with.'
Pseudolus 3 - Warwick Classics'The performance was hilarious! It was really useful for the students to see how you had modernised the context (something they will also do for Lysistrata but without re-writing any part of it). It really appealed to their sense of humour (they loved, loved, loved the Harry Potter puppets!) so you pitched it just right. Well done to all involved - the students said they haven't laughed so much in ages!'
'Now that I know more about ancient theatre, I am able to understand plays more. I think I enjoy theatre more now'
'The day opened my mind up to how Roman theatre worked, and what was considered entertainment'
'Today's talks have inspired me to research more into classics'
'Today has taught me that Greek theatre is still just as important in today's society'