Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest updates and information
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Other Useful Information

This page contains useful information on the following topics:

International Students

If you are joining us from overeas you will find plenty of useful information on the International Office Website. Here you will find further advice on:

  • What qualifications you need to apply to an MA course
  • Scholarships for International students
  • Immigration and visa requirements
  • Orientation for international students


The University of Warwick is set in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and there is good provision on campus with over 1,000 en suite rooms in purpose built postgraduate residences. Facilities include:

  • Fully equipped study bedrooms
  • Private telephone points
  • Ethernet residences
  • Shared kitchen and lounge facilities

Overseas students are usually offered on-campus accommodation but must apply in good time. There is also accommodation available on campus if you are planning to bring your partner or family whilst you are studying.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to live off campus, the University's Accommodation Office can offer places in shared houses reserved for postgraduates. These properties are located in nearby Coventry, Royal Leamington Spa and Kenilworth.

For further information on accommodation see the Accommodation Office website

English Language Courses

As a condition of your offer you may be required to attend a pre-sessional (pre-degree) English language course at Warwick before you start the MA. This is run by the Centre for Applied Linguistics (CAL) and you will need to apply for your place through them directly.

If English is not your first language you will also benefit from the extensive in-sessional English language training that CAL offers throughout term time. These include workshops on academic writing, grammar and cross-cultural understanding.


Many students choose to work part-time whilst they are studying and you are generally permitted to work up to 20 hours a week. The University employment agency, Unitemps, can assist you in your search for paid work. You might also be interested in working as a student caller.