About the judging process
- At each stage of the judging process there will be equal representation of students and staff.
- The Faculty Awards judges will be drawn from the relevant Faculty plus representatives from interdisciplinary backgrounds and professional services.
- The Collaborative and Community & Culture Awards will include representatives from all Faculties and will also include professional services staff.
- Scoring rubrics will be developed and refined by the judging panels.
- A calibration exercise will be held before judging begins to ensure consistency.
The stage one judges will work in pairs (one staff/one student) to score nominees for each award using the stage one rubric.
The stage one judges will come together at a panel meeting to decide which nominees are shortlisted to progress to stage two.
Calibration meetings: 3, 4 March 2022.
Judging: 7 - 21 March 2022.
Panel meetings: w/b 21 March 2022.
The stage two judges will individually score the statements submitted by each shortlisted nominee/team/community.
The stage two judges will come together at a panel meeting to decide the finalists for the Faculty, Collaborative and Community and Culture Awards who will progres to the final stage.
The seven winners and seven commendees for the Postgraduate Award will be decided at stage two.
Calibration meetings: 4, 5, 6 May 2022.
Judging: 9 May - 6 June 2022.
Panel meetings: w/b 6 June 2022.
The final panel will rank the finalists for each award.
Faculty Awards: winner, highly commended, and commended.
Collaborative Awards: winner, highly commended, and commended.
Community & Culture Award: one winner only.
Judging: 8 - 20 June 2022.
Panel meeting: w/b 20 June 2022.
Winners announced: 27 June 2022.