Creative Futures is a gateway between the University and the region's creative industries.
We inspire, educate & incubate on campus and at 1 Mill Street, a new co-working space in Leamington Spa offering business advice, mentoring and networking to support the growth of creative ideas, enterprises and innovation.
What are the benefits?
As a start-up or creative business, by becoming part of the Creative Futures Incubator you benefit from desk space at 1 Mill Street which offers, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, world-class events space, a video and sound studio and great food and coffee.
Your business will now also have access to the UK’s number one 5G network, from BT Group, offering ultra-fast speeds, lower latency and enhanced reliability. BT recently switched on its 5G network on the University campus and surrounding areas, as part of the innovation alliance between BT, University of Warwick and Warwickshire County Council to accelerate innovation and economic growth for local businesses.
LAST CHANCE: applications are NOW OPEN as we search for 1 more business.
It could be YOU!
Photo credit: Ana Frantz
Do you have a creative business idea?
Leamington Spa is the UK’s largest creative cluster outside Greater London and Creative Futures provides an exciting opportunity for any business to develop entrepreneurial skills, test, launch and pitch ideas and get 6 months of free space and support to develop your creative enterprises.
Imagine what your life could look like, 6 months from now with:
- A subsidised co-working space at 1 Mill Street with 6 months' worth of business support, mentoring and advice to develop and launch your business. This is equivalent to up to £10,000 worth of space and support.
- 1-2-1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing your business.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s experts, mentors and graduate entrepreneurs
- Hands on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- Pitch practice for the opportunity to present directly to an investor network
- You must be motivated and determined to build or start a business in the West Midlands and be able to demonstrate why you would benefit from being part of the Leamington Spa creative cluster.
- Applications can come from individuals (a lead applicant) or teams with a maximum of five co-founders or team members.
- The business team must be primarily based in the West Midlands during their time on the programme.
- Successful businesses will need to be both creative & digital from various sectors including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
- Each cohort will be made up of a mix of the following business types;
- Creative Tech
- Creative Products
- Creative Production
- Creative Content
- All successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement in order to join Creative Futures. You are welcome to read the draft CF Agreement and related CF Privacy Notice.
Successful submissions must include the following:
- Application Form including details of your Business Vision, what makes you different and how you will attract, engage and sell to customers
- CV for the lead applicant and other team members (if appropriate)
- Financial Forecast - Please use this template here
- 5 Images which best represent your work
- 3-min video explaining your business, your vision and introducing the team (if appropriate)
Please note: we will only accept submissions using our templates.
Creative Futures Incubator proudly supported and sponsored by:
Keen to find out more?
Please see the timetable of key dates below. If you believe the fantastic package of support and space in our incubator would be of benefit to you or your creative business, please fill in our Expression of Interest Form below. We will then send you more information and let you know as soon as applications are open.
For any general enquires about Creative Futures please contact the Creative & Digital Communities Manager, Clare Green; email@example.com
Important Dates: Every year we have 2 rounds of applications: one in January and July.
Wednesday 17th March 2021
Wednesday 24th March 2021
Applications closed at 12noon
Friday 26th March 2021
Morning interviews to take place and shortlisted businesses invited to present to a panel.
Tenancy starts with blend of digital and face-to-face coaching, business support and events
*LATE APPLICATIONS: The Warwick Enterprise Team is unable to accept late applications. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit an application to the next application round.