Creative Futures is a gateway between the University and the region’s creative industries
We inspire, educate & incubate on campus and at 1 Mill Street, a new co-working space in Leamington Spa offering business advice, mentoring and networking to support the growth of creative ideas, enterprises and innovation.
What are the benefits?
As a start-up or creative business, by becoming part of the Creative Futures Incubator you benefit from desk space at 1 Mill Street which offers, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, world-class events space, a video and sound studio and great food and coffee.
Click here to apply. Before reaching the the form, you will need to register using your email and a chosen password.
Please note your details will remain private and confidential.
Imagine what your life could look like, 6 months from now with:
- A subsidised co-working space at 1 Mill Street with 6 months’ worth of business support, mentoring and advice to develop and launch your business. This is equivalent to up to £10,000 worth of space and support.
- 1-2-1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing your business.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s experts, mentors and graduate entrepreneurs
- Hands on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- Pitch practice for the opportunity to present directly to an investor network
Photo credit: Ana Frantz
- You must be motivated and determined to build or start a business in the West Midlands and be able to demonstrate why you would benefit from being part of the Leamington Spa creative cluster.
- This programme is open to graduates, alumni, early stage, start-up and SMEs. Current students are not eligible.
- Applications can come from individuals (a lead applicant) or teams with a maximum of five co-founders or team members.
- The business team must be primarily based in the West Midlands during their time on the programme.
- Successful businesses will need to be both creative & digital from various sectors including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
- Each cohort will be made up of a mix of the following business types;
- Creative Tech
- Creative Products
- Creative Production
- Creative Content
Do you have a creative business idea?
Leamington Spa is the UK’s largest creative cluster outside Greater London and Creative Futures provides an exciting opportunity for any business to develop entrepreneurial skills, test, launch and pitch ideas and get 6 months of free space and support to develop your creative enterprises.
Successful submissions must include the following:
- Application Form including details of your Business Vision, what makes you different and how you will attract, engage and sell to customers
- CV for the lead applicant and other team members (if appropriate)
- Financial Forecast – Please use this template here
- 5 Images which best represent your work
- 3-min video explaining your business, your vision and introducing the team (if appropriate)
Please note: we will only accept submissions using our templates.
Creative Futures Incubator proudly supported and sponsored by:
Keen to find out more?
Please see the timetable of key dates below. If you believe the fantastic package of support and space in our incubator would be of benefit to you or your creative business, please contact the Creative & Digital Communities Manager, Clare Green; email@example.com
Important Dates: Every year we have 2 rounds of applications: one in January and July.
Monday 14th June 2021
|Saturday 31st July 2021||
Applications closed at 5pm
Wednesday 4th and
Interviews to take place and shortlisted businesses invited to present to a panel.
Wednesday 18 August
Attend the monthly Creative Futures Meetup at 1 Mill Street at 5pm
*LATE APPLICATIONS: The Warwick Enterprise Team is unable to accept late applications. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit an application to the next application round.