The University of Warwick is supporting student enterprise and helping the next generation of entrepreneurial graduates. The Student Enterprise Fund is aimed at students who have an innovative idea for a new business or social enterprise.
Students at Warwick have the opportunity to apply for a proof of concept grant of up to £1,000. Recipients will also be offered a package of development support, workshops, events and networking opportunities.
The Student Enterprise Fund is for business start-ups and social enterprises subject to terms and conditions. To be eligible for the Student Enterprise Fund you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are currently registered as a student at the University of Warwick (includes undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research) students.
- Any future business/social enterprise will be based in the United Kingdom.
- Your future business/social enterprise is not yet trading.
Grants of between £100 - £3,000 towards personal project
Deadline: The next deadline will be during Spring Term 2018.
The Lord Rootes Memorial Fund is intended to encourage personal development by supporting challenging projects proposed by individual and groups of Warwick students, especially projects:
- demonstrating creativity of thought and the development of an original and personal idea or objective.
- involving observation and the intelligent use of experience in the scientific, cultural, environmental or business context.
Awards are not available to support activities which form part of an applicant's programme of study or planned future research.
You should consider within your proposal what you hope to gain from the project in terms of personal development. If your project includes an element of research, you will also be expected to demonstrate that you have carefully considered your research methods.
The Social Enterprise Challenge is for social enterprises. To be eligible for the Social Enterprise Challenge you must meet all of the criteria:
- You are currently registered as a student at the University of Warwick (includes undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research) students), or a recent graduate.
- Any future social enterprise will be based in the United Kingdom.
We maintain a list of external funding opportunies that you might be interested in.