The Midlands Graduate School ESRC DTP is pleased to invite applications for four ESRC funded Postdoctoral Fellowships to be based at one of our partner institutions: Aston University, the University of Birmingham, the University of Leicester, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and the University of Warwick.
These fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
The call is open to applicants who:
- have completed or expected to complete their PhD at a research organisation that is part of a DTP or CDT,
- have either been awarded a PhD by the submission deadline (23rd March 2018), or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date (1st October 2018).
- have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience by the closing date of the competition (23rd March 2018).
Proposals are welcome from single or inter-disciplinary backgrounds but the fellowship activities must be aligned to one of the Midlands Graduate School DTP's 17 accredited pathways.
Step One: Identify an MGS institution, pathway, and mentor
Institution: All MGS institutions can host a postdoctoral fellow, provided they offer the relevant pathway.
Pathway: Fellowships must be aligned to accredited pathways. You can find a list of our pathways here. Also note that your application will need support from the relevant Head of School or Department.
(Note: not all institutions offer all training pathways. )
Mentor: All applications must include a named mentor. Further information about this aspect of your application can be found on pages 3-4 of the call specification, and pages 5-6 of the FAQ document. If you need help in identifying a mentor you can contact the relevant institutional pathway lead for further advice.
Step Two: Costing
Applications will need to be costed. There is support available in the ESRC call documentation to help you with this (see key documents above), and the institution to which you are applying will also offer support. Get in touch via the relevant enquiry contacts below.
Step Three: Submission
Applicants are required to complete the ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships Application Form and submit this along with all required attachments to esrcdtp at warwick dot ac dot uk by the application deadline 16.00 on 23 March 2018.
Please refer to the call specification for more details on what is required within each of these attachments.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in June 2018, with final decisions being communicated to applicants by the end of June 2018.
- Fellowships will commence on 1st October 2018.
General enquiries should be directed to the relevant institution within the DTP to where you are applying to hold the Fellowship.
|MGS Partner||General Query Contact|
|Aston University||lss_research at aston dot ac dot uk
|University of Birmingham||studentships at contacts dot bham dot ac dot uk|
|University of Leicester||esrcdtp at le dot ac dot uk|
|Loughborough University||D dot J dot Wade at lboro dot ac dot uk
|University of Nottingham||Lydia dot Topliss at nottingham dot ac dot uk|
|University of Warwick||esrcdtp at warwick dot ac dot uk|