The sixth floor labs have a range of instruments that are available for booking. These include:
At this point (22/06/2020) we cannot give a timeline for this.
Users who do not show up within 15-30 min for their booked time will lose their slot.
Repeated offences will result in user being banned from using our instruments!
- Circular Dichroism/Linear Dichroism Instruments
- Jasco J-1500 (temperature controlled CD & LD, fluorescence, FPA, FDCD & FDLD)
- Jasco J-815 (temperature controlled CD & LD, fluorescence, 6 cell sample changer)
Jasco J-720 (temperature controlled CD &LD)- temporarily unavailable
- Jasco J-600 (CD and limited LD capabilities) - now in the 3rd floor teaching labs!
Cary IE UV/VIS (temperature controlled 6 sample changer)- temporarily unavailable
- Jasco V-660 UV/VIS (temperature controlled 6 sample changer)
- Jasco FT/IR - 4200 (Gateway ATR for solids and liquids, grazing angle attachment)
- DXR™2 SmartRaman (633nm, solution, universal sample holder for NMR tubes, vials etc)
- FP-6500 (temperature control, fluorescence anisotropy)
- Other instruments/equipment
- Malvern Nano-series DLS (particle size and viscosity)
- Jasco HPLC system (autosampler, fraction collector, UV and RI detector, list of available columns here)
- Hei-VAP rotary evaporator
- Other instruments
- pH meter with micro (5 mm dia.) and nano (1.5 mm dia.) electrodes
- UVIdoc - gel documentation system
- Ultra-micro balance (2 g - 0.1 μg), analytical balance (100 g - 0.1 mg), technical balance (12 kg - 10 g)
- Optical stereo microscope for micromanipulation (10x - 35x, measuring graticule)
- Thermal cycler
- Direct-Q3 water purifier (18.2 MΩ·cm)