As part of our activities to mark 10 years of the Centre for Scientific Computing, we will be holding a postgraduate day on Wednesday 8th February 2012.
CSC invites all postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers working in any area of scientific computing to present a poster. A limited number of short talk slots will also be available.
There will be a prize for the best PhD student poster!
We would also like to encourage supervisors and other interested academics to attend the event.
Come along to:
- Present your research work
- Meet CSC staff and discuss your research with experts in scientific computing
- Find out about the facilities and training offered by the Centre
- 13:00 - 14:00 Poster session and buffet lunch
- 14:00 - 14:15 Welcome and introduction to CSC, Prof. Mark Rodger (CSC director)
- 14:15 - 15:35 Short talks by postgraduate students
- 14:15 - 14:35 Pravin Madhavan, Mathematics, Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Surface PDEs
- 14:35 - 14:55 Sally Bridgwater, Physics, Applying Phase-Switch Monte Carlo to Flexible Organic Crystals
- 14:55 - 15:15 Salvatore Cosseddu, Engineering, Inactivation Process in the Potassium Ion Channel KcsA
- 15:15 - 15:35 Chris Jewell, Statistics, Computational Aspects of Risk Prediction in Epidemics: Foot and Mouth Disease 2001
- 15:35 - 17:00 Poster session
The postgraduate day will be held in the Computer Science Building.
Register your attendance at the event by following the link on the right or by clicking here.
For further information please contact Becky Notman r dot notman at warwick dot ac dot uk or Christine Jarvis csc-secretary at warwick dot ac dot uk.