Unlocking Development, 2 December 18:30 - 21:00Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Join us for a reception to launch ‘Unlocking Development’, a new publication from CAGE in association with the Social Market Foundation.
December 2, 2014 18:30 to 21:00
Policy Report download here....
- Mary Creagh MP, Shadow Secretary of State for International Development
- Liam Halligan, Daily Telegraph (Chair)
- Steve Broadberry, Professor of Economic History at LSE, CAGE Theme Leader & report author
- Anandi Mani, Associate Professor of Economics, University of Warwick, & report author
- Chris Woodruff, Professor of Economics, University of Warwick, & report author
Date and time:
Tuesday 2 December, 1830-2100
Discussion 1830-2000, Drinks reception 2000-2100
RICS at Parliament Square
12 Great George Street, London SW1P 3AD
‘Unlocking Development’ tackles the challenge of sustaining economic growth in poorer countries. Over three distinct chapters, the authors argue that the world’s poor are ‘trapped’ and investigate what can be done:
- To promote the rule of law in order to make economic growth more stable and sustainable;
- To enhance the capacity of the business organizations that are most likely to attract investment and create jobs; and,
- To enable women to play a full part in economic development as citizens, providers, and entrepreneurs.
To register your interest in this event please email Tracy Evans firstname.lastname@example.org