Our forthcoming events are listed below.
For video and audio recordings of past CSWG events, click here.
Workshop: "Doing Feminist Pedagogy in Contemporary Universities: Old Dilemmas and New Challenges"
This workshop will bring staff and students together to reflect on how we might rethink and redo feminist pedagogy in the present, in light of old dilemmas and new challenges, including the working/studying conditions of the neoliberal university, changing student activist cultures, an epidemic of mental health issues among staff and students, or calls for a more intersectional, liberated curriculum.
It features the following speakers (in alphabetical order):
Janine Francois (University of Bedfordshire): Moving from Safe Spaces to Brave Spaces: How ‘Intersectionality’ can Facilitate Difficult Conversation within Teaching and Learning
Radhika Govinda (University of Edinburgh): 'Mirror Mirror on the Wall..." The Promise and Perils of Decolonising Feminist Classrooms
Awino Okech (SOAS): Reflections on Inclusive Pedagogy
Nicola Rivers (University of Gloucestershire): Resisting Resilience: The Role of Vulnerability in the Neoliberal Academy
This event is free and open to all, including staff, students (of all levels) and visitors from outside the University of Warwick.
All participants must book in advance. You can book here.
You are welcome to drop in throughout the afternoon, and attend only part of the event.
- For information on getting to the University of Warwick, see here.
- You can find a map of campus here. The lecture will take place in the Library building, which appears at the centre of the map.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible and has accessible, gender-neutral toilets nearby. If you face other access barriers or require more detailed accessibility information, please let us know so we can support your full participation.
- We are unfortunately not able to offer childcare for this event, but babies and children are fully and warmly welcomed, and we will do our best to provide any amenities and adjustments necessary to support colleagues bringing babies or children.
- If you have any questions, need special assistance or want to discuss adjustments we can make for babies and children, please do not hesitate to contact Laura Elwyn (L.Elwyn@warwick.ac.uk)