Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship (ECF) Competition 2021
Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research. The expectation is that Fellows should undertake a significant piece of publishable work during their tenure, and that the Fellowships should lead to a more permanent academic position. Fellowships can be held at universities or at other institutions of higher education in the UK.
The 2021 round will open in January 2021. The closing date for applications to the Leverhulme Trust is 25 February 2021.
Sociology has an excellent track record in supporting successful candidates for this scheme and we are now inviting suitably qualified candidates to support in the latest scheme. Due to intense researcher interest, the Department will select a limited number of fellowship applications to support in the 2021 competition. These applications will be selected through a competitive internal selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to work on their proposal with their chosen mentor before submitting the application to the department.
The procedure for obtaining departmental support is as follows:
- Expressions of interest in the scheme should be sent by email to Amy Clarke Amy dot Clarke at warwick dot ac dot uk by Wednesday 13 January 2021.
- All expressions of interest should include the following materials:
- A draft proposal in Word which addresses the 'Research and Publications' section of the Leverhulme Trust ECF application form in the word length permitted. Details of the application form are here.
- An academic CV (2 pages maximum)
- A forwarded email or a letter confirming support for your application from your chosen mentor in Sociology (who must be a permanent member of staff)
- All submissions received by the deadline which meet these requirements will then be reviewed by members of the Department's Management Team. We expect the decision on supported applications, which will then receive application feedback and administrative support in the run up to the Leverhulme Trust deadline, to be communicated to candidates by mid-February 2021.
The criteria for selection will be:
- Research track-record of nominee
- Quality of proposed research to be conducted while at Sociology
- Fit with the mentor and the strength of their support
- Fit with broader aims of the Leverhulme competition