International Marketing Conference
“Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead” in Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow, India, January 12-14, 2012.
Pujiang Innovation Forum (PIF) 2010
Professor Qing Wang has been invited as a special guest of Pujiang Innovation Forum (PIF) 2010. Pujiang Innovation Forum (PIF) is a highly influential forum in China for debating and communicating cutting edge ideas and thoughts on innovation among the most innovative minds.
It is sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Technology and Shanghai Municipal Government. It will hold the 3rd annual forum on November 6-7, 2010 in Shanghai with “Green economy, Transformation and Innovation” as the main theme.
The Second MICE Workshop
Following the success of the 1st MICE Workshop held in collaboration with The national Centre for Technological Innovation in Tsinghua University in Beijing, China in March 2008, the MICE is planning to organise the second MICE workshop in collaboration with the Advanced Institute of Management (AIM) in the UK.
Joint workshop with CASTM
On 20 June 2010, Professor Qing Wang, Director of the MICE Network organised a joint workshop with CASTM (Chinese Academy of Science and Technology Management) in Shanghai. The workshop was entitled "Spurring greater market demand for innovation in China: toward a research agenda", and was part of the IACMR (International Association for Chinese Management Research) annual conference. Panelists and presenters at this workshop include:
- Professor Xudong Gao, Tsinghua School of E&M, Tsinghua University,China
- Professor Haiyang Li, Rice University, US
- Professor Simon Collinson, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK
- Dr Jiang Yu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Dr Martin Liu, Nottingham University Ningbo Campus, China
- Dr Rufei Ma, CASTM, Tonji School of E&M, Tongji University, China
The workshop raised important issues regarding the interface between marketing and innovation for the Chinese high technology firms. These include:
- What are the gaps in the market that the indigenous companies are currently unable to fill (i.e. remain the territory of the MNEs)?
- What are the differences between the type of innovative capabilities for firms that compete at the lower end of the market and the type of innovative capabilities for firms compete at the higher end of the market?
- What are the proactive roles of users (both business users and end-users) in the innovation process?
Between October and December 2008, Dr Qing Wang, the Director of MICE network, organised a number of doctoral workshops on international journal publishing at the Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation of Tsinghua School of E&M and Zhejiang Management School of Zhejiang University in China.
These workshops are aimed to raise the general standard of young Chinese researchers' ability and skills to publish in leading international journals.
|30 March 2008||School of Economics, Tsinghua University,
12 September 2007
Scarman House, LT2, University of Warwick