International Partnership Fund 2018-19 is now open
Warwick is committed to being a leading global research and teaching institution with an international outlook. We believe in the value of building mutually beneficial partnerships which give our academics a foundation for collaboration in research and teaching, and our students the opportunity to broaden their international perspective.
We don’t underestimate the complexities of working with an institution within another country and have a range of funding schemes which support our academics to build collaborations across the world. We are delighted to invite applications for the University's International Partnership Fund, which is designed to support the development of strategic partnerships in geographical locations which warrant specific financial support.
In 2018-19, the International Partnership Fund, administered by International Strategy and Relations, is open to applications for collaborations with: Brazil, China (including Hong Kong), Colombia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico and Singapore.
We will only accept applications seeking to collaborate with the following priority institutions in the countries indicated below:
- Brazil: University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo State University (UNESP), Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio)
- China: Harbin Institute of Technology, Fudan University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sun Yat-sen University, SUSTech, Tsinghua University, Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Hong Kong University (HKU), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Indonesia: Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Universitas Indonesia (UI), Universitas Brawijaya
- Singapore: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Applications looking to partner with leading institutions in: Colombia, India, Malaysia and Mexico are also welcomed.
Applications will be reviewed by an academic panel chaired by Professor Simon Swain. Awards will be made up to the value of £5,000 per year for either 1 or 2-year projects. Awards will start on 1 August 2018.
The deadline for these applications is Thursday 19 April and the final outcome will be communicated to all applicants by 30 June 2018.
Find out more
Full details of the application procedure and eligibility criteria can be found on the International Partnership Fund pages. Colleagues considering making an application to the fund are advised to contact Emily Lim (#22647) in International Strategy and Relations.