How can you place sustainability at the heart of your research and development?
Tuesday 17 September 2019, The Slate
We invite you to join us to hear directly from our company partners on how working with Warwick has benefitted their businesses, and the different options we offer to help you place sustainability at the heart of research and development.
About the event
From plastics to transport to energy, sustainability plays an integral role in all industries. So whether you’re an SME, national company or multinational corporation, the University of Warwick can help you develop sustainable products and services for your customer base.
From enhancing brand reputation to increasing productivity and reducing costs, sustainability opens up a host of business benefits. With better use and conservation of resources, operations will be streamlined and costs will decrease, so it makes good business sense and good environmental sense to focus on sustainability.
We’ve collaborated with hundreds of businesses to help them thrive. In recent years, companies such as Element Six, Rolls Royce and IBM have presented on how Warwick has helped their research and development, with Innovate and EPSRC providing details of the latest funding opportunities.
Through a combination of presentations and table discussions, the event will enable you to:
- Discover how Warwick can help your business inject sustainability into its research and development
- Connect with other businesses, Warwick academics and business advisors to network and share common challenges
- Participate in one-to-one meetings with experienced research staff to discuss sustainability
- Explore key areas of sustainability on our table discussions - where you’ll have the opportunity to speak with our expert staff and other businesses.
- Tour our world-class research facilities available to industry. These include our flagship Research Technology Platforms (RTPs) and the Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) Energy Innovation Centre.
To view the full programme, please click here.
- Sustainable Chemistry
- Sustainable Plastics
- Food Energy & Water
- Sustainable Built Environment
- Sustainable Transport
- Clean Growth
Who should attend
We are keen to welcome anyone whose role relates to research and development in industrial and commercial settings. This event is of course also open to academic colleagues and others whose role involves supporting industrial R&D.
Represented at the Industry Day:
|Department of Chemistry|
|School of Engineering|
|Department of Physics|
|Department of Computer Science|
|Warwick Manufacturing Group|
|School of Life Sciences|
|Research Technology Platforms|
|Research and Impact Services (R&IS)|
|Warwick Scientific Services (WSS)|