The Students' Union and IT Services have worked together to develop a Student Computer Purchase Scheme. This is a brand new way for Warwick students to purchase 'Warwick Ready' IBM computers at special discount prices. 318 computers have already been delivered to students.
All the computers are preinstalled with the software and have been tested for ease of connection to the University networks. They come with:
- A 802.11b standard wireless Ethernet card for connection to the Wireless Hotspots
- An Ethernet card and cable for connection to warwickpiazza.net or the Campus Network
- A range of essential software including Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition, Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and Novell GroupWise Native client V6
- A CD-RW unit for backing up your data
- 3 years of onsite System Support available from the campus Service Point
- 1 or 3 years of international warranty service available from the campus Service Point
Staff can also make private purchases from the scheme.
For further information see www.warwick.ac.uk/pc