This guide explains what a SCORM activity is and how to create it in Moodle.
What is a SCORM activity?
A SCORM activity (or package) is a collection of online training material that is put together to an agreed standard for learning objects. The SCORM activity module enables SCORM and AICC packages to be uploaded as a zip file into your Moodle space.
SCORM activities comprise of a number of "assets" such as HTML page, images, audio file, and quiz questions. Content is usually spread over several pages, with navigation between the pages. If the SCORM package contains questions, then the students' grades will be recorded in the Moodle Gradebook.
SCORM activities can be used to:
- Present multimedia content and animation
- As an assessment tool
You might have completed a SCORM activity at Warwick for staff training. Examples of such training include GDPR, Info Security Essentials and Anti-Bribery.
How to add a SCORM Activity
- Go to the Moodle space and click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource in the relevant section.
- Select SCORM package from the list.
- Give the SCORM package a Name.
- Enter any instructions for students in the Description box (optional).
- Under Package, click Add (the paper icon).
- Select the SCORM zip file and click Open.
- Click Upload this file.
- Under the Attempts management section:
- Select the number of attempts you want to give your students to complete the SCORM activity
- Select how you would like those attempts to be graded.
- Click Grade to set up the maximum number of points available in the SCORM package. The default is set to 100.
- Amend any other settings that are applicable to your activity.
- Click Save and return to course or Save and Display.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Import and populate groups
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)