During 2017/18 at Warwick University we reviewed our Module Evaluation approach. This review was governed by the Student Learning Experience and Engagement Committee (SLEEC). There was technology approach project to design and deliver this refreshed centrally supported service to support the University. Background to the review is available in our projects section.
The review has resulted in a refreshed Module Evaluation Policy and Guidance, supported by this Service.
Module Feedback Service
The University provides a centrally-supported service to assist Departments in running their end-of-module Student Module Feedback data collection and analysis.
The Service was designed based on a review that ran during 2017/18 and will be piloted during 2018/19.
The Service is simple to use: there is a template in the Moodle VLE that can be added to and made live in the Moodle module space (step-by-step instructions). The template includes six core questions to aid data aggregation within and between departments. Students can complete the survey anonymously, and it is strongly recommended that you set aside time in a face to face session to do this, to improve completion rates. There is an option for a module leader to send an email reminder to students who have not yet completed the survey. When the survey closes, staff with relevant access rights within the department can see a quick preview of anonymised responses. The data is then transferred to a reporting database and module leaders and authorised departmental colleagues can request advanced reports on individual modules, aggregated data across a single year, or data on a particular module across multiple years.
For those departments that had been using the paper-based module evaluation sevice in IT Services, the data from the online survey will be integrated with their historical data. The paper scanning service will be withdrawn on 31st July 2018 so departments should plan to move to online.
The same team are running the new service, in collaboration with the Extended Classroom team.
Find Out More
Several departments are already signed up to pilot the service for 2018/19.
Please contact smf at warwick dot ac dot uk to find out more and join in the pilot year.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Lecture Capture enabled spaces
- Schedule a lecture capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)