Skip to main content Skip to navigation

How do I make a Complaint?

The University has a clear three-stage Student Complaints Resolution Pathway for formal concerns or complaints. This Pathway can be used to complain about an individual(s), department or service. The Student Complaints Resolution Pathway can be found here.

Further information about the Pathway, including the “rules” and required timescales, are set out in the formal Procedure.

Most issues can be resolved quickly and efficiently at the informal stage by speaking to the person your complaint relates to or a member of staff in the appropriate department or service area. However the 3 Stages of the University’s Procedure are clearly defined in Section 8 of the Student Complaints Resolution Procedure.

I don’t understand the process, where can I go to access further advice on the complaints procedure?

If you still have queries after reading the Student Complaints Resolution Procedure then you are advised to seek assistance from one or more of the following:

If I am on a programme of study taught by two different departments or taking a module outside of my home department who should I complain to?

In the first instance, matters should be raised directly with the department where the matter(s) arises.