- Am I able to cancel my booking after I've paid?
- Will I be able to amend my booking once I've submitted my booking form?
- How many places are there available and what happens when you are fully booked?
- What is the age range?
- My child is 4, can they still take part in the Camps?
- My child has just turned 17, can they still take part in the Camps?
- Where will the camps take place?
- What does the structure of the day look like?
- Who will be looking after my child?
- What food and drink will be available?
Given the financial/resource commitments involved in delivering the camps and its programme, we cannot commit to providing refunds in the event of cancellation requests once you have paid, but will look at any such request on a case by case basis. You should refer to the terms and conditions for further information.
Once you have submitted your booking online, the payment you have made is non-refundable (unless we are unable to fully accommodate your booking). However, should you wish to amend the particular dates your child or dependant will attend, we ask that you email the camp staff as soon as possible with the requested changes, ideally forwarding the original booking confirmation you received by email together with the requested changes. Please note that any changes to your original booking may incur an admin charge. You should refer to the terms and conditions for further information.
Each camp has a different capacity so we recommend booking early to save disappointment. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. A booking is not valid until the appropriate fee is paid.
The day I want to book is showing as fully booked/closed on the booking form - is there a waiting list or might there still be places?
Please do not book any dates online which are showing as 'closed'. If any spaces do become available due to cancellations, the date will become open for bookings again. We no longer operate a waiting list.
The selection of camps we have on offer caters for children between 5 and 16 years old. Not all of the activities are appropriate for the full age group so please check the timetable to ensure your child is booked onto activities that are suitable for their age. If your child is not within the age group stated on the activity timetable, your booking will be cancelled.
As long as they have been attending the Reception year at school and their birthday is within 6 weeks of the first day of the camp. We will ask you to give their specific date of birth later when you complete the online booking form.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept children over the age of 16.
There will be one pick-up and drop-off location for all Camps. For summer 2019, this will be at the Avon Building at Westwood.
- If your child is taking part in the Sports Camps, they will transported to the new Sports and Wellbeing Centre via a mini-bus.
- If your child is taking part in the Multi-Activity Camp, they will be using several locations across campus but mainly the Avon Drama Studio and nearby field.
Below is an outline structure for a typical day on the Camps. Session times within the Activity Day may vary slightly depending on the activities being offered that particular day.
Arrival by 9.00am
The day will run from 8am-6pm, with the main sessions take place during the 'Activity Day' between 9.30am-4.30pm. Parents can drop their children off prior to 9am and pick them up from 4.30pm from the 'base' location. As the children will be able to experience sessions at a range of campus venues, pick-ups and drop-offs between 9.30am and 4.30pm would need to be arranged on an exceptional basis.
The Camps will be overseen by the University's Head of Children's Services and Nursery Manager, Debbie Castle and Holiday Camps Co-ordinator, Rachael Stephenson. Reporting to Debbie and Rachael will be several Holiday Camp Managers and Camp Leaders.
- All staff will be trained and briefed, and will have experience of working with children of this age group.
- All staff complete a Level 1 Safeguarding course and appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks will be undertaken.
- The majority of staff will have completed a First Aid Paediatric course.
If you have any further questions, please see our contact details for how you can get in touch with us.
Fruit snacks will be provided in the morning and afternoon at the Multi-Activity only. Cereal will however be available to everyone until 9.00am.
Children should bring their own labelled water bottles which can then be accessed and refilled during the course of the day. Children should bring their own packed lunch, noting that refrigeration facilities will not necessarily be available. Please do not pack any sweets, chocolate or nuts.