• Please ensure you have all the necessary permissions from your company to share the data with the University. We can help with confidentiality agreements and IP management. If you have a legal department, check with them, they may have different ideas on data protection.
• Ensure that the project is manageable within a 10 week period.
• The students choose their own projects, so there is no guarantee that your project will be chosen.
• This is not a data cleansing project due to the limited time. The data must already be in a suitable state and format for analysis.
• These are students, not professional data scientists. Though they will be mentored, students range in skills.
• Consider if the project is successful, if you’d like to take it further as a PhD project over several years and in much more detail – this won’t be free.
If you have a piece of work larger than a 10 week MSc project, ask us for advice, we’d genuinely like to talk to you about it.