Workflows to suit your teaching needs
Coronavirus support and guidance for online teaching and assessment
To teach from off-campus, pre-record teaching materials for your students using Echo 360 Universal Capture.
- Use multimedia throughout your teaching
- Schedule recordings of your teaching sessions
- Offer bite-sized videos to introduce new topics
- Ask your students to create, share and submit video content as a team, or individually to assessment items
- Record in any space, bring topic-specific spaces to your students
Video at Warwick is facilitated by:
The Echo 360 system allows you to create and manage access to teaching materials easily integrating them within Moodle.
- Easily manage access to all course recordings via Lecture Capture Block in Moodle
- Automated transcript of all recordings
- A range of active learning features
- Guest lectures can be preserved for future cohorts
- Easily schedule recording of in class teaching using timetabled sessions in supported spaces
- Various recording options to suit your teaching style
- Complete control to pause during recording and manage access
Universal Capture (Personal)
Universal capture offers a way to capture material outside the class.
- Download the software to your personal or managed computer
- Record on the go with offline recording
- Uploads to your Echo360 profile so can be easily shared via Moodle
Microsoft Stream is integrated with Office 365 and works seamlessly with other Microsoft products.
- Automated transcription of materials
- Control of sharing including sharing within Moodle and MS Teams
- Captures in MS Teams meeting are hosted in Stream
Offers a way to capture and store video content that can easily be added to anywhere in your Moodle course, using Moodle's eStream plugin.
- Record via Planet eStream app on phone or computer
- Uploads to your profile for easy integration to Moodle
- Edit the capture directly in eStream
- In Moodle assessment students can be asked to submit video content
PowerPoint has inbuilt features that enable you to create narrated slides.
- Create teaching materials using one tool
- Combine your existing PowerPoint slides with audio narration
- Use the laser pointer, pen and highlighter to annotate and highlight important information
An extensive database of live and recorded broadcasts from the BBC, making it easier to source and include relevant video materials in your teaching.
- A database of BBC TV and Radio programming going back to 2008
- Create custom clips to share in lectures, presentations or assignments
- Nine channels are automatically recorded. For over 50 other channels users have 30 days to request a programme, or can schedule a recording 7 days in advance
Get started with our guides
Universal Capture (Personal)
- Browse all the Universal Capture guides
- How to install Universal Capture
- Using Universal Capture
- Editing Universal Capture recordings
- Introduction to eStream
- Insert an eStream video into Moodle
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Use eStream to store and share videos [Student guide]
Box of Broadcasts
Example Recipes - How multimedia can be used to enhance your teaching.
Recipe description 1