A SCORM activity (or package) is a collection of online training material that is put together to an agreed standard for learning objects. The SCORM activity module enables SCORM and AICC packages to be uploaded as a zip file into your Moodle-space.
SCORM activities comprise of a number of "assets" such as HTML page, images, audio file, and quiz questions. Content is usually spread over several pages, with navigation between the pages. If the SCORM package contains questions, then the students' grades will be recorded in the Moodle Gradebook.
SCORM activities can be used to:
- Present multimedia content and animation
- As an assessment tool
Adding a SCORM Activity
- With editing turned on, click Add an activity or resource in the section where you want to add the SCORM package.
- Select SCORM package and click 'Add'
- Enter a Name for the SCORM package
- Enter any instruction for students in the Description box (optional).
- Click on the 'Add' button under the Package section.
- Select you SCORM Zip file and click 'Open'.
- Click Upload this file
- Under the 'Attempt management' section
- Select the number of attempts you want to give your students to complete the SCORM activity
- And select how you would like those attempts to be graded.
- Click Grade to set up the maximum number of points available in the SCORM package
- Have a look through the other available setting that may be applicable to your activity
- Click 'Save and return to course' or 'Save and Display'
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges