Vevox can be used to enable responsive teaching and active learning in webinars or online meetings, such as seminars. When used online via Teams Vevox can be delivered in both synchronous and asynchronous formats.
Adding the Vevox tab to Teams
A Vevox tab can be added to a Teams chat with one or more users or to a channel. The Vevox meeting has to be created (in Vevox) before the Vevox tab can be added to Teams.
The process of setting up a Vevox tab in Teams is the same for both a Teams chat and channel:
- Click on the plus icon in the centre top of the channel or chat window where you want to add the Vevox tab.
- Select Vevox in the Add a tab window. If it is not displayed, you can search for it using the Search bar in the top right corner.
- Enter the 9 digit Vevox meeting ID of the meeting that you want to connect this tab to. The Vevox meeting has to be created in advance.
- Choose whether to Post to the channel about this tab by ticking/unticking the box.
- Click Save.
Having a Vevox tab in your Teams channel or chat allows students to click on the tab to go to the Vevox meeting directly without having to leave Teams, use an additional device, or having to enter the Vevox meeting ID.
Using Vevox in Teams - synchronous
Vevox can be used in synchronous sessions and, if required online, facilitated through Teams meetings and calls in various ways. If you are using PowerPoint, it is possible to use the Vevox add-in in Powerpoint to deliver a live presentation in which Vevox actitivies are integrated. More information about sharing your screen for PowerPoint presentations in Teams.
The use of all three Vevox activities are suitable for synchronous sessions, especially polls though.
The video below gives you an example of how Vevox can be used in a synchronous session.
Using Vevox in Teams - blended
Vevox can be used where asynchronous and synchronous sessions or learning activities overlap. Vevox activities, especially Q&A and surveys, are suitable to be run before or after a session and results discussed or included in further learning resources or sessions. A Vevox meeting link can be shared with the invitation for a Teams meeting for example to ask students to collect questions that they have up to the point of the meeting. During the meeting, the questions can be ranked by students (thumbs-up feature) to establish priorities and then clarified by the teacher accordingly.
Using Vevox in Teams - asynchronous
A Vevox session can be left open for a longer period of time allowing users to respond when they can. The link to a Vevox meeting can be shared within a Teams channel or another means of communication. The Vevox activity Q&A but even more so the survey are suitable for asynchronous sessions.
The information on this page relates to Microsoft Teams and was last updated July 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system