This guide explains how to use the Vevox PRS audience (student) interface for synchronous and asynchronous teaching in Microsoft Teams.
Students can take part in Vevox activities directly within Microsoft Teams which means they do not require a separate device or browser and they do not need to enter a session ID.
You can add Vevox Q&As and Polls to:
- Meetings and calls (for synchronous teaching)
- Channels and chats (asynchronous teaching)
Add the Vevox tab to Teams channels and chats
A Vevox tab can be added to a Teams chat with one or more users or to a channel.
The Vevox session has to be created in the Vevox dashboard before the tab is added to Teams.
The process of setting up a Vevox tab in Teams is the same for both a Teams chat and channel:
- Click on the plus icon in the centre top of the channel or chat window where you want to add the Vevox tab.
- Select Vevox in the Add a tab window. If it is not displayed, you can search for it using the Search bar in the top right corner.
- Enter the 9 digit Vevox session ID of the session that you want to connect this tab to. The Vevox session has to be created in the dashboard in advance.
- Choose whether to Post to the channel about this tab by ticking/unticking the box.
- Click Save.
Find more information in the Vevox guide Using Vevox with Microsoft Teams - for Channels & Chat.
Add a Vevox session in the side panel of a Teams meeting
The Vevox side panel can be added to a Teams meeting, not Teams channel meeting.
The Vevox session has to be created in the Vevox dashboard and at least one person invited to the Teams meeting before the Vevox session side panel can be added.
To set up a Vevox side panel for a Teams meeting:
- Double-click on the meeting in your Teams calendar for which you want to add the Vevox side panel.
- Click on the plus icon, at the top to add a new tab.
- Select Vevox. If it is not displayed, you can search for it using the Search bar in the top right corner.
- Click Add.
- Enter the 9 digit Vevox session ID of the session that you want to connect this Teams meeting to. Note that the Vevox session has to be created in the Vevox dashboard in advance.
- Click Save.
For more information see the Vevox guide Using Vevox with Microsoft Teams - for Meetings & Video calls.
The information on this page relates to Microsoft Teams and Vevox and was last updated January 2021.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Lecture Capture enabled spaces
- Schedule a lecture capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)