Using folders in your favourites page
You can created folders and add favourites to them to help you keep your favourites blogs, collections and links organised.
To create a new folder:
- Next to 'Title' type in a title for your folder - it might be 'Project blogs'. The title will appear next to the folder on your favourites page and in the list of folders and favourites in the left hand column of your blog.
- Next to 'Description' enter a description for the folder. For example: 'Blogs from the guys who are in my project team'
- Decide who you would like to see this particular folder of favourites. If you don't mind who sees this folder, then you can leave the default setting which is anyone. If you'd rather keep this list of favourites to yourself, tick 'Private'. You can also select any of the other groups that are preset or that you have created for your blog.
- Finally, click on (or click if you've changed your mind!). You should see a screen telling you that the folder has been created successfully.
- Click on the 'Return to my favourite blogs' link to return to your favourites page and check that the folder has been created.
You can then proceed to add blogs or links to the folder.
Note: An open folder is denoted by this icon and a closed folder by this one .
To edit a folder:
You may decide that you need to change the title or description for one of your folders. Or perhaps you've decided that you want everyone to see the folder rather than keep it private. You can do all this by editing the folder.
- Change the title or description for the folder by changing the text.
- If you want different people to see the folder of favourites then select a different group of people by clicking in the appropriate checkbox.
- Click on or click if you've decided that you don't want to make the change.
To remove a folder:
- Click on . You will see a screen asking you to confirm that you want to remove the folder.
- Click on again. You will see a screen confirming that the folder has been deleted.
- Click on the 'Return to blog favourites' link to go back to your favourites page and check that the folder has been deleted.
Note: If you remove a folder you will also remove all the favourites within it.
Take me to related FAQs: