This article covers how to enable visitors to post comments on a web page. The Allow page comments page property is off by default.
In this article:
Enable page comments
- Browse to the page where you want to enable comments.
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
- Select Advanced properties to expand the section.
- Select Allow page comments.
Choose the level of moderation you require:
- No comment moderation – comments appear on your page immediately.
- Moderate comments by anonymous users – review comments by anyone who is not signed in to the Warwick website before they appear on your page.
- Moderate all comments – review comments by any visitor, whether they are signed in or not, before they appear on your page.
Tip: If you intend to allow comments from anyone, including those who are not signed in, we recommend you use moderation to prevent spam comments appearing on your page.
When a comment requires moderation, the page contact receives an email notification.
- Select Save changes.
Specify permission to comment
By default, permission to comment is the same as the page's view permissions – or, when the page is public, any signed-in Warwick member.
To edit permission to comment:
- Ensure the Allow search engines page property is enabled.
- Go to Edit > Edit page permissions.
- In the Add permissions section, select the group or person you want to give commenting permission to.
- Select the Commenting radio button.
Select the appropriate button to add permission:
The group or person is now listed under Commenting permissions:
- When you have finished editing permissions, select Done.
Email notifications of new comments
When you post a comment yourself, you can choose to receive an email when anyone else comments:
To receive notifications without first commenting yourself:
- Select Notify in the utility links at the top of the page.
On the Notification setup screen, select when a comment is posted:
- If you have many pages on your site with commenting enabled, you can receive notification of all new comments. Browse to the topmost page (for example, your home page) and select Notify. On the Notification setup screen, select to this page and any sub-pages.
- Select Save notification.
- To stop receiving comments, return to the Notification setup screen and unselect when a comment is posted.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem