This guide takes you through the steps to create a good quality website, including research, design and content. You can read the guide in order or go directly to specific pages.
This guide covers:
- how people browse the web and how you can use this information to inform your design
- how to identify your website's audience so that you can tailor information to them
- how to guide people around your website using clear structure and navigation
- four techniques on writing for the web
- techniques to make your web content accessible to everyone
- principles and a process for designing a home page
A good quality website is findable, usable and accessible. Visitors can find the information they're looking for, they have a pleasant experience navigating the site and return in the future.
By using SiteBuilder for your website, it will be quick to load. Also, the University's common website template helps your site look consistent with the Warwick brand.
Creating high-quality content, however, is up to you.
Advice and support
webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
webaccessibility at warwick dot ac dot uk