We released SiteBuilder 2.445 on Tuesday 4th August 2020. In this version:
- We made some accessibility improvements:
- We replaced the picker for selecting a date and/or time on calendar and resource booking pages. The new version is accessible to people using just a keyboard.
- We made the search function on calendar pages easier to use with just a keyboard. When you select the search button, your cursor now appears in the pop-up search box without you having to <Tab> into it.
- When you use the visual editor to insert an 'Image with text', you can now add HTML to the text between the [image-with-text] tags via the <html> button. Previously, any HTML between these tags was automatically removed when the page was published.
- We fixed the tag picker used to specify which items should appear on 'News filter' and 'Calendar filter' pages when the source is a composite news or composite calendar page.
- We fixed a bug that prevented some users from creating new topics on forum pages.
We released SiteBuilder 2.444 on Thursday 23rd July 2020. In this version:
- On the Stats tab, the expandable sections at the bottom ('Top sections', 'Top files', etc.) now display the full path for each page / file listed. Previously, longer paths were truncated and you had to hover over them to view them in full.
We released SiteBuilder 2.443 on Monday 13th July 2020. In this version, to make podcast pages more accessible, we:
- Added a prompt to provide a link to a transcript on the 'Create new podcast episode' page.
- Provided a cut-down version of the visual editor in the description box on this page to make it easier to add a link.
- Added the ability to edit the description of an existing podcast episode.
We released SiteBuilder 2.442 on Tuesday 7th July 2020. In this version:
- We replaced the Flash-based charts on the 'Stats' tab in SiteBuilder with a table that enables you to toggle the inclusion of the following information:
- User type (staff, student, other, logged out)
- User location (campus residence, campus other, off campus)
- The figures in the above categories as percentages of the total
- We also replaced the Flash-based charts that were available on the go.warwick 'My redirects' tab with tables of figures. You can see these when you select a figure in the 'Hits in last
[7 d. | 6 w. | 6 m.]' column. These changes were made due to Adobe's plan to stop supporting Flash by the end of 2020, and due to the phasing out of Flash support within web browsers.
- We made more accessibility improvements, for example embedded news and calendar feeds are now easier to navigate using screen reader software.
- We fixed a bug that affected resource booking pages: to choose a resource other than the first one, users had to select it twice.
We released SiteBuilder 2.441 on Tuesday 30th June 2020. In this version:
- We made some more accessibility improvements:
- Sortable tables are now easier to use with screen reader software.
- We made it easier to use popups, such as those for making resource bookings, with just a keyboard. When you <Tab> through the options and reach the last one you now cycle round to the first, rather than leaving the popup.
- Pages with a long link caption and restricted permissions now appear in the local navigation with an ellipsis and the usual padlock icon at the end of the caption, rather than "Restricted...".
- On 'Researcher Profile' and 'Multiple Researcher Profiles' pages, lists of more than 20 authors are now truncated. An 'et al' link is added, which opens a popup containing the full list.