We released SiteBuilder 2.451 on Tuesday 13th October 2020. In this version:
- We overhauled the site map page template to make it more accessible. It is now fully navigable when using only a keyboard or screen reader software. The links from a site map now take you straight to the corresponding page or file, rather than opening a preview window.
- We fixed a bug that caused the Warwick website cookie preferences of users who were not signed in to be lost when they closed their browser. Now, the preference of anyone who is not signed in is remembered by their browser for a year. To change your preference, for a given device and browser, you can use the 'Cookie preferences' link in the utility menu at the top of any page.
We released SiteBuilder 2.450 on Monday 5th October 2020. In this version:
- We introduced a cookie preference banner at the bottom of all pages on the Warwick website. Once you've chosen which types of cookies to accept, the banner does not appear again for the combination of device and browser you used. This applies unless you clear your cookies or use private browsing mode. To change your preference, for a given device and browser, you can use the 'Cookie preferences' link in the utility menu at the top of any page.
- We improved the accessibility of calendar pages by adding buttons for choosing a view option (day, week, month, agenda, etc.). These options were previously presented in a drop-down list, with automatic selection of the top option when the down arrow key was pressed, which could be disorienting.
We released SiteBuilder 2.449 on Monday 28th September 2020. In this version:
We released SiteBuilder 2.448 on Monday 21st September 2020. In this version we made some accessibility improvements:
- We made calendars provide more helpful information, in a logical order, to users of screen reader software. We also made calendars fully keyboard navigable.
- It's now possible to increase or decrease the font size of text using the setting for this in your browser.
- We replaced pipe characters (|) in the local navigation menu with borders. Previously, screen reader software announced the pipe characters to users.
- We removed the alt text, "image", from news item thumbnail images because it provided no useful information. We also made the link from the image invisible for screen reader software because it duplicated the link from the item title.
- Where a button for a given letter at the top of a glossary page is greyed out, screen reader software is now told that the link is disabled.
We released SiteBuilder 2.447 on Monday 7th September 2020. In this version:
- We fixed a bug that prevented forwarding pages from being purged.
- Submission notification emails for payment forms now state that submitted data cannot be included. This is because email is not a secure medium and should not be used for personal or sensitive data.