We released SiteBuilder 2.515 on Thursday 4th August 2022. In this version we made the following bug fixes and improvements:
- We improved the validation message displayed to make it clearer when a researcher profile can't be fetched from Ideate. You can add a researcher profile component to your page by selecting Add special features from the left-hand menu and selecting Researcher profile from the sub-menu.
- We improved how hero blocks and their text are displayed on smaller screens, such as mobile devices. You can add a hero block to your page by selecting Add layout blocks from the left-hand menu and selecting the Hero block option from the sub-menu.
- We fixed a bug which caused glossary terms to inherit the text colour of the container. You can add a glossary term to your page by selecting Add links and anchors from the left-hand menu and selecting Glossary term link from the sub-menu. You'll then be able to select the appropriate Glossary page and the specific Term you'd like to add to your page.
- We fixed a bug which prevented users from uploading files which contained certain special characters in the filename.
- We fixed a bug so that the site content report only displays accessibility audit data for HTML pages. We introduced these columns to the site content report in 2.514.
We released SiteBuilder 2.514 on Tuesday 26th July 2022. In this version we made the following bug fixes and improvements:
- We now run an accessibility audit when old visual editor pages are published, including when changes are published to existing pages. The same accessibility audit was already set to run when publishing Components Editor pages. This process is automated, but we advise manual checking of pages too, because some issues cannot be automatically detected. For further guidance see our guide to making accessible pages, and our help page covering how to use the accessibility pane in the Components Editor.
- We added columns to the site content report to display the results of the accessibility audit. There is now a column displaying the Accessibility audit date, which shows when a page was last audited. Please note that we ran an accessibility audit across the entire Warwick site in preparation for this change, so the date shown will correspond to this until the page is next published. In addition, there is a column displaying the Accessibility audit result. For each page there is one of the following results:
- Data unavailable (page must be checked manually)
- Pass (manual checking also needed - not all issues can be automatically detected)
- Fail (action needed)
- We fixed a bug which meant that right hand content was displayed twice when selecting to Preview a page, before converting the page to the Components Editor.
- We fixed a bug so that the links in form submission notification emails are clickable. The notification contains links to view all recent form submissions, and to view the new submission(s) as a PDF. See our help page on how to view and download form submissions for further guidance.
We released SiteBuilder 2.513 on Wednesday 20th July 2022. In this version we made the following bug fixes and improvements:
- We fixed a bug which meant that line breaks in a user's form submission values were ignored in their submission receipt email.
- We upgraded form submission notification emails to use an HTML template. We previously did the same for submission receipts in 2.510.
- We improved how buttons display on small screens, such as mobile devices. Horizontally arranged buttons now stack on top of each other when viewed on small screens. We also now wrap text automatically when the button labels used are very long. To add buttons to your Components Editor page, select Add special features from the left-hand menu and select Buttons from the sub-menu.
We released SiteBuilder 2.511 on Monday 11th July 2022. In this version:
- We completed fixing a bug that affected the display of form submission receipts. The original bug fix, in the previous release, had an unintended effect on submission notification emails, which was corrected via a hotfix on Tuesday 5 July.
- We continued work which will enable complex pages such as homepage layouts to be converted to the Components Editor.