(A collaboration with the Library, Student Careers and Skills and The Learning and Development Centre - RAS)
What is involved in the publication process? This workshop introduces the essential things to consider when planning to publish your research: why you might want to publish, what to consider when deciding where to publish, how to promote your published work, open access and more.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for Research Students and Research Active Staff (research, academic or teaching terms and conditions of employment) who would like to find out more about the publication process.
- Considered advantages and disadvantages of different routes to publication
- Seen examples of new kinds of electronic publications available on the Internet
- Considered copyright agreements and ways to publicise your work
- Heard about the new requirements for open access and how they might affect your choice of publication venue
- Started to develop a plan for your next publication
What can the delegates expect to cover?
- Examine publication practises across the disciplines
- Reflect on your motivation for publication
- Consider alternatives to traditional publication to encourage impact and public awareness of your work
- Find out about the implications of open access and various funders requirements for open access when deciding on a venue for publication (including the new HEFCE policy on the next REF)
- Start thinking about any promotion of your published work you may want or need to do to make sure it reaches the right audience
Is there anything else I need to know?
Yvonne Budden, Head of Scholarly Communication, Library
Privacy Notice: As a member of staff, we ask that you read our updated Staff Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and who to contact in the event that you have a query or complaint.” In order to view the privacy notice please see the link below.
Register your interest.
To be announced
Planning your Publication Strategy: The Essentials
Resource Bank Page
Jane Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org