In the world of Public Engagement there is no "general public". So who do you need to be engaging with, and what is the best way to do it?
Who Should Attend?
University of Warwick Research Active Staff (Research-focussed, Teaching-focussed and Research & Teaching contracts) and PhD Students.
This workshop enables delegates to Understand:
- the difference between public engagement and widening participation
- who your public(s) are in general, and specific, to your research
- why the public might want to be involved in research
- barriers and opportunities for engaging with the public
- developing and delivering Public Engagement activities to suit your public
Public Engagement Team
Widening Participation Team
Further events in the Public Engagement Series 2019/20
Evaluating your Public Engagement Activities
24 January 2020, 09.30 - 12.30*, AC01 Argent Court
Writing Effective Public Engagement Funding/Grant Applications
28 February 2020, 10.00 - 13.00, AC01 (Argent Court)
Involving and Engaging Patients and Public in Health Research - PPIE
10 March 2020, 09.30 - 12.30, WMS (MTC 0.04/0.06)
Reporting and Evidencing PPIE in Health Research - Using GRIPP2 as a Tool
17 March 2020, 09.30 - 12.30, UHCW (room tbc)
Beginners Guide to Public Engagement
27 March 2020, 09.30 - 12.30*, AC01 (Argent Court)
Presenting your Research to the Public-Skills Workshop
24 April 2020, 09.30 - 12.30, Humanities Studio
* After the workshop there is the optional opportunity to 'Network' for an additional hour.
Tuesday 28 April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED
09.30 - 12.30
AC01 (Argent Court)
After the workshop there is the optional opportunity to 'Network' for an additional hour
See Campus Map