- 2015 - Commendee of the WATE PGR (Warwick Award for Teaching Excellence for Postgraduates who Teach)
- February 2015 - HRC Doctoral Fellowship, budget for research and the organisation of the one-day interdisciplinary conference (Shaping the Self: Print Culture and the Construct of Collective Identity 1460-1660, 5th March 2016)
- 2013 - Grant from the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance, covering travel and accommodation to attend a workshop at Chicago on the French Pamphlets at the Newberry
I am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
As part of my training, I have attended a workshop entitled Introduction to Teaching & Learning in Higher Education and have completed PGA: Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- 2014-2017: I am teaching French language (Essay, Translation and Grammar) to second years.
- 2014: I am running a French grammar support class every Friday for first years.
- At the start of my PhD, I have joined the Student and Staff Liaison Committee as a PhD representative.
- From 2010 to 2011, I was the chair of the SSLC (Student and Staff Liaison Committee) for the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance
Research Student Skills Programme Workshops
In order to develop my writing and research skills, I have attended numerous workshops organised by the Research Student Skills Programme (RSSP). I am also part of a Thesis Writing Group which has monthly sessions.
- Organising conferences and small events
- Getting started with your ePortfolio
- Working Effectively with your Supervisor
- Having productive conversations: asserting yourself
- Effective Networking
- How to be an Effective Researcher
- Reading and note making strategies
- Academic Writing Series
- Defeating Self-Sabotage
- Understanding the Upgrade Process
- Time Management and Motivation
Studying early modern literature has introduced me to a wide range of texts. I have decided to improve my language skills to fully understand the materials printed during the Reformation.
- Languages: French (Native language), English (Native language), German (Higher Intermediate), Latin (Reading knowledge), Italian (Beginner)
- Latin for Research through the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance
- German (Intermediate) through the Language Centre (2013-2014)
- German (Higher Intermediate) through the Language Centre (2014-2015)
- Latin Language and Literature through the Classics Department (2013-2014)