Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Why become a Degree Apprentice - the benefits

Study at Warwick as a degree apprentice

Combine academic knowledge and practical skills to help you thrive in the workplace, whilst earning a salary.

You’ll be a full-time employee learning skills on the job for around 80 percent of your time, with the other 20 percent enjoying all the fantastic opportunities degree-level study can bring.

Studying a degree apprenticeship at Warwick gives you the opportunity to learn from academics at the forefront of thinking in their subject, surrounded by other independent thinkers.

You’ll study through a mix of in-person classes and via our virtual learning platforms.

Warwick recently received a ‘Gold’ rating in all three areas of the Teaching Excellence Framework 2023, so you can expect to be challenged and inspired at every step by your teachers.

Why should you become a degree apprentice

  • Earn a salary while you learn.

  • Gain valuable work experience.
  • Develop skills and knowledge.

  • No tuition fees.

  • Build your professional network.

We’ll also support you to apply what you’ve learned to your area of work and job role, through an individual project agreed with your employer.

And you’ll benefit from regular review meetings with your apprentice tutor, where you will be tasked to think reflectively about your progress, to ensure you’re developing the skills and understanding you need to succeed in your working role.

While on campus, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in campus life, meeting and sharing ideas with degree apprentices from a host of different sectors and organisations.

You can also take full advantage of our incredible campus facilities. These include an Arts Centre housing theatres, cinema, art gallery, and concert hall, as well as our Sports and Wellness Hub featuring a 12-lane swimming pool, state-of-the-art gym, and climbing wall.

Hear from our Apprentices

Discover what life is like as an apprentice.

Sabrina Itfan, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering apprenticeship story

 Sabrina Irfan describes how she splits studying and work, how she’s getting a head start in her career.
Understand what life as a Civil and Infrastructure Engineering degree apprentice is really like by reading about Sabrina's apprenticeship journey.

Jordan Albutt, Applied Engineering Programme Apprenticeship degree

Applied Engineering Programme degree apprentice Jordan Albutt was nominated for the EW BrightSparks 2020 Award, which highlights the most promising electronic engineers in the UK.
Jordan reflects on his role, skills and experiences and recent successes with Rolls-Royce.

Congratulations to Tamsin Leaman-Hewitt who won the Young Rail Professionals Apprentice of the Year Award. Tamsin has also been shortlisted for the Amazon Everywoman Apprentice of the Year.
Read more about her experiences as a Civil Engineer degree apprentice.