Information for Prospective Apprentices
Education and experience
Choose both work and study! Combine academic knowledge and practical skills, all whilst earning a salary.
A Degree Apprenticeship will enable you to thrive in the workplace. You'll be a full-time employee learning skills on-the-job for around 80% of your time, the other 20% enjoying all the fantastic opportunities degree level study can bring. Whether you're in the classroom surrounded by other independent thinkers, or furthering your knowledge through our virtual learning platforms, you will be both work-ready and world-ready.
Unlock your potential for higher earnings, achieve a respected qualification and cement yourself as a valuable asset for your employer!
Is a Degree Apprenticeship right for me?
If you know what you want to do, and you're ready to enter the world of full-time employment, then you should consider a Degree Apprenticeship.
- No tuition fees!
- You'll earn a wage and have real responsibilities in the workplace
- 90% of apprentices stay in employment after completing their apprenticeship, and those who do change companies are usually competing for a better job (UCAS, 2018)
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you'll be awarded a full honours degree, just like a traditional graduate
- You'll gain skills and experience all in one go
Want more information?Apprentice Enquiry Form
Things to consider
- Do you want a full-time student experience? You'll have a different experience to a full-time student as you'll be an employee based in the workplace spending 80% of your time learning on-the-job.
- Are you eligible? If you're over 16 and live in England then you may be eligible for a Degree Apprenticeship. Check our FAQs for the full eligibility criteria.
- It's not the easy option. You'll need excellent time management skills to balance your work, study and any other commitments you may have.
- Do you know what you want to do? Your Degree Apprenticeship will put you on the right track to a career in your chosen field. You need to have a clear idea of your goals and ambitions before we can help you achieve your potential.
- Unsure about how to apply? Watch our quick guide to 'Applying for a Degree Apprenticeship' which explains how to find and apply for Degree Apprenticeships.
Hear from our apprentices
Who better to find out what life as a degree apprentice is actually like then from the apprentices themselves?
- Understand what life as a Civil and Infrastructure Engineering degree apprentice is really like by reading Sabrina's blog.
- Congratulations to Tamsin Leaman-Hewitt who won the Young Rail Professionals Apprentice of the Year award. Tamsin has also been shortlisted for the Amazon Everywoman Apprentice of the Year. Read more about her experiences as a Civil Engineer degree apprentice here.
- Applied Engineering Programme degree apprentice Jordan Albutt was nominated for the EW BrightSparks 2020 Award, which highlights the most promising electronic engineers in the UK. Jordan reflects on his role, skills and experiences on the course here.