The University of Warwick is a world leading Russell Group University,
widely recognised as a leader in research and education.
The Warwick International Foundation Programme has a long history of helping international students progress into Warwick and other top universities. It is designed for high school students from around the world, whose curriculums do not allow direct entry to undergraduate study in the UK - for more details about who can apply for the course, visit our entry requirements.
Our expert staff are some of the best talent in the sector. They are deeply committed and passionate about helping you achieve the results you need. Our team will work with you to ensure a smooth transition to your study in the UK.
Studying on one of our 10 academic pathways allows you to specialise your subject knowledge whilst developing the academic skills you need for your future undergraduate study. Previous Warwick IFP students have progressed onto more than 70 different degree courses.
From day one you’ll be part of our culturally diverse and connected community along with students from over 30 different countries. You’ll be part of the University of Warwick and have access to our clubs, societies and facilities whilst you live and study on our beautiful and safe campus in the heart of the UK.
- Warwick is ranked 10th in the UK, 19th in Europe, and 64th in the world. (2023 QS World Ranking).
- The University has been recognised as the best university in the UK for teaching quality by "The Good University Guide", the internationally respected British university rankings guide published by "The Sunday Times".
- Warwick has 20 subjects in the top ten (including Economics, Computer Science, Business and Management Studies, Politics and Accounting and Finance) in the "The Complete University Guide 2022".
Reasons to choose the Warwick IFP
- You’ll be a Warwick student and will experience life on campus with on-campus accommodation and access to all facilities, clubs and societies. We have over 250 student-run societies, so there's something for everyone.
- 40 years’ experience in high quality teaching and supporting international students. This is one of the longest running foundation programmes in the world, started in 1983.
- Choice of 10 specialisms taught by specialist academics.
- Academic English tuition, tailored to the subject area you are studying as well as your ability to ensure you get the most out of this programme.
- Guaranteed conditional offer for a wide range of Warwick undergraduate programmes when you complete the IFP.
- IFP students go on to study at Warwick and other top universities. Over 75% of our IFP students’ progress into Russell Group universities.
The University at the Heart of England
Warwick's campus is hard to beat and ideally located on the border of the West Midlands and Warwickshire. It has all the advantages of easy access to the major cities of Coventry (just three miles to the South West), Birmingham and central London but with the peace of a beautiful self-contained and green campus. We are right in the centre of England, easy to reach by rail, car or plane from all parts of the UK and abroad.
The campus is set in nearly 300 hectares of natural countryside with lakes, woods and beautifully tended gardens in which you can relax and escape from the buzz of main campus.
The facilities on campus are world-class with outstanding teaching and learning spaces, a 24 hour library, Arts centre and cinema, brand new sports and wellness hub and restaurants and cafes.
Birmingham, England's 2nd largest city is also a short train journey away. You can expect festivals, theatres, sport, architectural gems, shopping and great eating out from this diverse and multicultural city.
The closest city to the University is Coventry, the UK's City of Culture for 2021 and is known for its cathedral ruins and Lady Godiva!
Coventry is just a couple of miles away from the University and provides the closest main train station.