Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Visa Information for the Pre-sessional English course | Warwick University

CAS and Visa Information

Some of our postgraduate courses are being delivered face-to-face - if you choose one of these course options, then you may require a visa to study the course.

If you are from outside of Europe (EEA and Switzerland), or, from Europe but not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme, you will require a visa to study in the UK. You will need to make a Student visa application, if you do not already hold a visa for the UK that confers the right to study.

If you require a visa to join a Pre-sessional English course, then you will be issued with a CAS number (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) after you have received an unconditional offer for the Pre-sessional English course and your main course conditions have been updated to reflect that you will be joining a Pre-sessional course. The admissions team who are dealing with your main degree course will issue your CAS.

If the English language requirement is the final condition for you to meet on your main Postgraduate course, you will receive a Joint CAS covering both the Pre-sessional English course and main Postgraduate course.

If you have other conditions outstanding for your Postgraduate course, for example submitting your academic transcripts, then you will be issued with a Single CAS for the Pre-sessional course. Students who require a Single CAS will need to submit an IELTS for UKVI as part of the Pre-sessional English admissions process.

Our CAS calculatorLink opens in a new window will help you to determine which CAS you are likely to be eligible for.

You will not require a CAS or visa for the online Pre-sessional English courses. Students on the online courses will only receive their main course CAS once they have successfully completed the Pre-sessional English course. When you have received this CAS, you will be able to apply for a visa for your main degree course.