Green Week 2023
Check out the full list of events on our Events page or the Green Week website. Please note that booking is essential for some events.
Interested in volunteering with us during Green week? Sign up now!
This year we'll be showcasing achievements and projects . With more than 40 events there's something for everyone:
- join talks focusing on circular economy, sustainable buildings on campus, carbon and water footprinting, and more,
- participate in society events such as a reusable cup sleeve knitting session, hedgehog-making origami session and clothes mending workshop,
- engage with activities such as a bug-hotel making session, a litter pick, a bike sale, an apiary visit, an understanding your energy bill workshop and a book swap.
- join Slice of Science as part of British Science Week.
One Small Act - Register as a Green ChampionLink opens in a new window
Do you want to learn about sustainability and find out more about what’s being done to improve the University’s environmental performance? Do you fancy getting involved and helping to make positive changes across the University community? Register as a Staff or Student Green ChampionLink opens in a new window and help to make our University environment and community a greener, healthier, happier place to live, work and study.
One Small Act - Become a Hedgehog ChampionLink opens in a new window
Warwick is committed to protecting, creating, and enhancing spaces for biodiversity across campus as well as providing space for people to enjoy nature and the great outdoors. We are part of the Hedgehog Friendly CampusLink opens in a new window initiative and currently working towards Gold accreditation. Hedgehog Champions make a real difference for hedgehogs all over the country – you don’t need any special skills to be one, just a bit of initiative and a love for spiny creatures! Join like-minded nature-enthusiasts and become a Hedgehog Street Champion this week.
One Small Act - Energy saving challengeLink opens in a new window
We'd like staff and students to record lights left on, devices plugged in and unused and any other costly power losses. Taking photos of your finds, this challenge will allow the Sustainability Team to target behaviour change across our campuses and work towards our Net Zero Carbon 2030 target. There are two ways to get involved; you can join us at one of the Scavenger HuntsLink opens in a new window or fill in the form to report energy wastage in your area.
One Small Act - Sign up to BetterPointsLink opens in a new window
This is your chance to experience the future of sustainable transport and mobility. By getting involved and trying out new modes of transport, you'll be helping to inform research and innovation, as well as contributing towards realising a better world for future generations. Sign up the BetterPoints appLink opens in a new window and complete at least three sustainable journeys during the week to be in with a chance to win. The grand prize will be a brand new bike and accessories worth £600 from Jardine Cycles and they'll also be three £20 Love2Shop vouchers to win. There will also be double BetterPoints all week! Sign up today!
One Small Act - Carbon literacy trainingLink opens in a new window
- 'Reducing Carbon Footprints: Taking Action for a Sustainable Future' is an online course that will help you understand the need for action to tackle climate change and will introduce you to the areas of daily life where action is possible. It will make you reflect on your own willingness to change before you aim to encourage change in others. The course is free and at a cost you can receive a certificate. Check out our guideLink opens in a new window on how to access the course for free. NB: students who complete the internal Carbon Literacy Certificate through moodle do not need to take this course as they are very similar.
- You could also check out this simple video to learn more about how we know the climate is changing, how it's impacting people and the planet and what we can all do about it.Link opens in a new window