We are proud to announce the return of Green Week which will take place 4-10 March 2019 across Coventry and our newly added area of Leamington Spa.
We have been working with our partners: Warwick SU, Coventry University, CUSU, Coventry City Council, Warwick District Council and Action 21 to engage departments, businesses, schools, charities and community groups across the region to bring you a week of educational events and talks as well as activities galore.
Over the next 10 years we know from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) our actions will determine if we keep within the relatively safe limits of 1.5 degree global temperature increase. To do this we must all act very quickly, as both organisations and individuals. In 2015 the UN produced the Global Sustainable Development Goals. This is a global 'to do' list to make our planet a better place to live and we are using these goals during the week to explain what we mean by sustainability.
Get involved with our events to learn how YOU can make a difference.
Meat-Free Monday (4 March)
- Sustainability Fair – (Uni of Warwick SU Atrium 10-4pm)
- Food Intercept Stall - (R3.35 Ramphal 12-3pm)
Big Green Fair Tuesday (5 March)
- Disco soup: Broadgate 11am – 3pm
Pay As You Feel vegan soup served on Broadgate – menu not available in advance as we will be using vegetables that would otherwise have gone to waste. All money raised will be going to local charity Emmaus.
- Litter Pick (Outside Teaching and Learning Centre, University of Warwick, 2-4pm)
- Social Science Stand (Social Sciences, University of Warwick 9:45-11:15)
- Life Sciences Stand (Gibbet Hill, University of Warwick 12-13:00)
- Climate Reality: Energy & Carbon Neutrality (LIB1 4-5pm)
- Green New Deal: Revolution or Fool's Errand (S0.19 6-7pm)
- The Dark Side of Chocolate (S0.09, Social Science 6-7:30pm)
Cycling Wednesday (6 March)
- FabLab Repair Cafe.(11-4pm) Got a broken item you’d like to learn how to fix? Bring it in to the Repair Cafe where you will find the tools and expertise to help you! Please book on Eventbrite – click here.
- Career Talk (H0.58 14-15:00) (Warwick Students Only)
- Swap Shop (SU Atrium 10-16:00)
- Allotment Soc and Foraging Walk (14-17:00) (Warwick Staff & Students Only)
- UN Training TBC
- Food Market (Piazza 11-15:00)
- Friends of Canley spaces path clearing TBC (Warwick Staff & Students Only)
#2minutelitterpick Thursday (7 March)
- Food co-op (SU Atrium 12-17:00)
- Energy Trail and Cryfield Energy Centre Tour (Under library bridge 12-14:00)
- Sustainability Summit (H0.52 18:15-21:00)
Equality Friday (8 March)
- Bike Wrench Bike Maintenance (Piazza 10-16:00)
- Tackling Food Waste (A0.41, Gibbet Hill 3-4pm)
- Blackout presents CarbonBrief - Please note this talk has been CANCELLED
- Climate Reality Green Drinks (Terrace Bar Time TBC)
Public Fair Saturday (9 March)
- Sustainability Market – 9am – 5pm on Broadgate, Coventry City Centre
- Plastic Free Stall – 10am – 3pm Royal Priors Shopping Centre, Leamington Spa
Community Action Sunday (10 March)
- Plastic Free Stall – 10:30am – 2pm Royal Priors Shopping Centre, Leamington Spa
Give the facebook page a like to stay up to date on news and events and get involved with the week via #GreenWeek19
Click the image below to discover more event happening across Coventry and Leamington Spa during the week.