The essay is 3500 words. Please follow the instructions in the Undergraduate Handbook when you submit your essay.
As there are only four of you writing a second assessed essay, I will agree individual titles with you all in person or over email. Please finalize essay titles with me by March 30, 2014.
Answering the question
There are many ways of writing an essay, and literary critics sometimes respond to essay titles in a slightly different way to philosophers. You are welcome to take any approach to this essay, and I encourage you to email me as you think about your argument.
While you're thinking, the following sources might help:
- Essay advice for Philosophers on the Philosophy Department website
- A helpful guide to writing Philosophy papers written by Jim Pryor at New York University
- Here's my own short guide to writing essays
- The Warwick Writing Program has a series of guides on essay writing and formatting
- You can make an appointment to discuss your essay with a Royal Literary Fund Fellow here