You will have completed over 150 hours of tuition or have had a good foundation at school in the language, at least 'O'/GCSE level with grades A & B or A level up to grade C or equivalent. You have reached the stage where you can understand a good proportion of the language when native speakers talk to you about a range of common topics. You can express yourself simply and with reasonable accuracy but you are hesitant in more demanding situations. You want to develop your fluency and extend the range of contexts in which you use the language.
The course will improve your competence in an increasing range of factual, persuasive and expressive language tasks performed in a variety of contexts.
Please read our Can-do Statements (link on the right of this page) to see the competences which you will be working towards and can achieve by the end of the year.
1 x 2 hour class per week plus some independent learning.
- The Italian Project 2a, (Student's book, workbook and video activities) + CD-ROM + audio CD, T. Marin and S Magnelli; Edilingua, ISBN: 978-88-9843-302-5
This course is designed to improve your language competence and to further your knowledge of Italian culture. It will help you improve your speaking and writing skills, increase your vocabulary, deepen grammar usage, and develop effective reading and listening strategies in Italian.
Units 1 - 5 of The Italian Project 2a cover the following:
- talk about past events;
- writing formal letters;
- giving advice;
- discussing problems;
- expressing criticism and complaints;
- expressing regrets;
- expressing personal opinions.
- simple and combined pronouns;
- passato remoto;
- pronomi e avverbi interrogativi;
- pronomi relativi;
- irregular comparatives and superlatives;
- present subjunctive;
- formal and informal imperative;
- listening, speaking, reading and writing.