BA, PhD (Birmingham)
Telephone +44 (0) 2476 523 022
Fax +44 (0) 2476 524 446
The theatre of the Renaissance and Restoration periods; Shakespeare on the contemporary stage both in Britain and abroad; Modernism in Europe.
A book on International Shakespeare; a co-editor of the John Nichols project; co-general editor of the two-volume collection on Renaissance festivals, Europa Triumphans.
'Richard II' in Performance (Manchester, 1996)
ed., Sir Robert Howard, The Great Favourite; or, the Duke of Lerma (1668) (New York, 1988)
- co ed., The Cottesloe at the National: 'Infinite Riches in a Little Room' (Stratford-upon-Avon, 1999)
- co ed., Shakespeare and the Japanese Stage (Cambridge, 1998)
- co ed., Shakespeare's Globe Rebuilt (Cambridge, 1997)
- co ed., Making Space for Theatre: British Architecture and Theatre since 1958 (Stratford-upon-Avon, 1995)
- co ed., Theatre and Government under the Early Stuarts (Cambridge, 1993)
- co ed., Italian Renaissance Festivals and their European Influence (Lampeter, 1992)
- co ed., Theatre of the English and Italian Renaissance (Basingstoke, 1991)
- co ed., War, Literature and the Arts in Sixteenth-Century Europe (Basingstoke, 1989)
- co ed., This Golden Round: the Royal Shakespeare Company at the Swan (Stratford-upon-Avon, 1989)