- The AHRC provided funding for a James Shirley Workshop from the 21st-23rd September 2009 at St. Catherine's College, Cambridge. The conference programme can be viewed here.
Doctoral theses produced in conjunction with the Works of Shirley include:
Dr Stefania Crowther's James Shirley and the Restoration Stage (Warwick, 2017)
- Dr Justine William's The Irish Plays of James Shirley, 1636-1640 (Warwick, 2010)
The editors of the Works of Shirley are committed to facilitating original and independent research amongst undergraduates. Previous beneficiaries of the Undergraduate Research Scholarship Scheme have included:
- Emil Rybczak (2012), researching the Textual Collation of Shirley's The Gamester and The Coronation.
- Lorna Dawson (2011), researching Women and Revenge.
- Natasha Collie (2009), researching James Shirley's Comic Women (View Poster).
- Hannah Davies (2008), researching The Revival of Shirley's Plays in Restoration London (View Poster and Spreadsheet).
- Emily Collins (2007), researching the Textual Collation of Shirley's The Witty Faire One (View Poster).