Andrew Merrrylees, RSA, BArch, DipTP, RIBA, FRIAS, FSCD, FRSA lives and works in Edinburgh and Frejus, France.
He joined the Edinburgh office of Basil Spence and Partners as a student in 1952 and as architect in 1957, becoming Associate in 1968 and Partner in 1972 in what was by then called Sir Basil Spence, Glover and Ferguson.
He set up his own practice in 1985, Andrew Merrylees Associates which became Andrew Merrylees, Grierson and Robertson in 1994 and Merrylees + Robertson in 1997. In 2001 the practice merged with Hypostyle Architects. He resigned from the practice in 2010. He was made Honorary Professor of Architecture at the University of Dundee in 1998.