The criteria for the awards are designed to dovetail with the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme and are therefore based on the criteria for that scheme.
Nominations and final submissions should address the following criteria:
Criterion 1: Promoting and enhancing the student learning experience
- Stimulating and inspiring learning
- Imaginative use of resources
- Recognition of a diversity of learner needs
Criterion 2: Supporting colleagues and influencing support for student learning
- Demonstrating impact and engagement beyond your immediate academic or professional role
- Contributing to the development of colleagues
- Contributing to wider initiatives to facilitate student learning
Criterion 3: Commitment to professional development with regard to teaching and learning (and/or learning support)
- Continuous professional development
- Development of teaching and learning through review and enhancement of individual practice
You may also wish to make reference to examples of supporting evidence such as:
- student feedback and evaluations,
- feedback from peer observations,
- feedback from other national engagements,
- student support materials,
- work with other partner institutions and organisations.
You will also need the signature of your Head of Department. The completed statement should then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org ext 73109 or through internal post to Linda Pettifor.