Complexity Science in Business, Industry and Government Day 2012
Date: Wednesday 12th December 2012
Location: D1.07- Complexity Science Seminar Room, First Floor, Zeeman Building, University of Warwick
Organiser: Dr Thomas Nichols
(Department of Statistics, Warwick Manufactoring Group, and Centre for Complexity Science)
Aims and Objectives
This one-day meeting between Warwick Centre for Complexity staff and students and representatives of non-academic "end-users" of complex systems research aims to facilitate further transfer of Warwick’s expertise in Complex Systems beyond the academic sphere. It will take place on December 12 at the Warwick Centre for Complexity Science. The aims of the workshop are as follows.
- To explore further opportunities for future collaborations between Warwick Centre for Complexity Science and external agencies.
- To give Warwick graduate students in Complexity Science a better insight into how their skills are relevant to business and industry.
- To identify appropriate Complexity MSc projects to be done in collaboration with external agencies.
- Ian Hall & Roger Morbey (Health Protection Authority)
- Karen Bradley (National Heath Service, Commissioning Support Unit) (CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES- registratrions for this session will be re-assigned according to preferences)
- Sarah Lee (Mango Consultants)
- Eman Martin-Vignerte (Bosch Healthcare)
- Philip Felton, Ian Wright and Ric Cooke (Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited, “Mercedes F1”)
- Phil Murphy (GlaxoSmithKline)