Connecting systems, science and society through:
- a ground-breaking interdisciplinary research centre pushing the boundaries of knowledge in complexity science;
- a new generation of scientists trained by the doctoral training centre;
- the knowledge to understand, control and design complex systems;
- break-throughs in new applications of complexity science;
- the solutions to real-world problems with relevant end-user testing;
- a lively intellectual and practically based environment for complexity science.
Calibrate with Confidence: In a paper published in the Royal Society Open Science, Robert MacKay and Sarah Parker from the University of Warwick, along with Ralph Kenna and Robert Low from Coventry University, report a new mathematical tool to remove bias and and account for confidence in major assessments, such as the REF exercise.
Prof. Robert MacKay said:
“Our ambition is for our method to be adopted as a decision support tool by every panel that has to evaluate a range of objects and whose members may have different standards and expertise.”
Congratulations to all 18 of our 2017-18 MSc cohort!
Open Days: 5th December 2018, 30th January 2019, and 13th March 2019.