Connecting systems, science and society through:
- a ground-breaking interdisciplinary research centre pushing the boundaries of knowledge in complexity science;
- a new generation of scientists trained by the doctoral training centre;
- the knowledge to understand, control and design complex systems;
- break-throughs in new applications of complexity science;
- the solutions to real-world problems with relevant end-user testing;
- a lively intellectual and practically based environment for complexity science.
Calibrate with Confidence: In a paper published in the Royal Society Open Science, Robert MacKay and Sarah Parker from the University of Warwick, along with Ralph Kenna and Robert Low from Coventry University, report a new mathematical tool to remove bias and and account for confidence in major assessments, such as the REF exercise.
Prof. Robert MacKay said:
“Our ambition is for our method to be adopted as a decision support tool by every panel that has to evaluate a range of objects and whose members may have different standards and expertise.”
Our second-year PhD student Tim Pollington is currently in India for four months as part of the Newton Bhabha PhD Placement Programme delivered by the British Council.
Open Days: 6th December 2017, 31st January 2018, and 14th March 2018