At Warwick we believe that every student should get an opportunity to engage with innovation… watch our 2020/21 welcome video here
Increasing numbers of students and graduates are interested in an ‘entrepreneurial career’ - starting their own businesses or being self-employed. At Warwick we recognise the importance of supporting innovation and entrepreneurship; key components of the culture and values of our University.
The University offers support for student and graduate enterprise through Warwick Enterprise working in partnership with departments from across the University that deliver elements of enterprise education including:
- Warwick Innovations (formerly Warwick Ventures)
- Warwick Science Park
- Students’ Union
- Academic Departments – including WBS and WMG
- Student societies and student-led initiatives
- Our alumni network and external partners
At Warwick Enterprise we can listen to your enterprise ideas in confidence, help develop an action plan and find you the help and support that you need. We also run an extensive programme of activities and opportunities that help students and graduates to:
- Participate in or lead the development of an enterprising idea - from conception to delivery
- Develop an entrepreneurial mind-set and build a portfolio of enterprise skills
- Be part of a team that will harness and celebrate the skills and talents of its members
- Access our regional entrepreneurial ecosystem and external partners
- You can find out more about our programme on the other sections of this website.
The Warwick Enterprise Partnership
Warwick Enterprise has brought together representatives from across the university to facilitate Enterprise Education.
This exciting new partnership enables diverse groups to engage in collaborative and mutually beneficial dialogue, and to enhance the student experience (for both current students and graduates).
The WEP incorporates the Students’ Union, professional networks like WEPN and Minerva, social enterprises like Enactus, and a wide range of academic and administrative departments.
Listen to Warwick Enterprise Partners’ views on Enterprise Education at the University of Warwick:
What are Enterprise and Entrepreneurship?
- Creative and innovative
- Confident and energetic
- Risk-aware and decisive
- Communicative and collaborative
- Versatile and determined
- Attentive to user needs
- Aware of market forces
- Strategic and flexible
- Intent on the creation of cultural, social or economic value