- Booth, A., and Hyland, P. The Practice of University History Teaching. Manchester, 2000
- Booth, A., ‘Integrative Learning and Humanities Education’ Arts and Humanities in Higher Education. 10:1 (2011), 47-65
- Booth, A., 'The Traditional Standpoint of Historians: Tradition and the Construction of Educational Identity in Late Twentieth-Century British Higher Education Contemporary British History', 24:4 (2010), 493-509
- Calder, Lendol, 'Uncoverage: Toward a Signature Pedagogy for the History Survey', The Journal of American History, Vol. 92, No. 4 (Mar., 2006), pp. 1358-1370
- Fry, H. Ketteridge S., and Marshall, S. A Handbook for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. London, 1999
- Pace, D., and Middendorf, J. Decoding the Disciplines: Helping Students Learn Disciplinary Ways of Learning, New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2004
Small Group Teaching
- Bligh, D. Teach Thinking by Discussion. London: Society for Research into Higher Education, 1986.
- Frederick, P. “Motivating History Students by Active Learning in the History Classroom.” In Teaching to Think Historically, edited by R. Blackey. Washington, D.C., 1999.
Large Group Teaching
- Heitzmann, R. “Ten commandments for enhancing lecturing in history” Teaching History: A Journal of Methods (2009): 70-79.
- Race, P. and Brown, S. Lecturing: A Practical Guide. London, 2002.
- Brown, G. Bull J., and Pendlebury, M. Assessing Student Learning in Higher Education. London, 1997
- Hyland, P. “Learning from Feedback on Assessment.” In The Practice of University History Teaching, edited by A. Booth and P. Hyland, 233-247. Manchester, 2000
- Dawson, J., Murray, K. and Paterson, J. “Getting History Students Going with a VLE” www.historysubjectcentre.ac.uk/elibrary/internal/br_dawson_vle_200505xx
- Fox, J., Mears, N. and Pearson, J. "The Impact of the Interactive Whiteboard on the Learning Experience of the Undergraduate Historian”
- Linch, K. “Web Research for Historians” www.historysubjectcentre.ac.uk/elibrary/internal/co_linch_webresearchforhistorians_20090928
- Roodhouse, M. “Dissertation Preparation: Using Virtual Learning Environments to support Undergraduate Dissertations”
- Timmons, J. G. “'History Around You' On-Line Seminars And Discussions” www.historysubjectcentre.ac.uk/elibrary/internal/cs_timmins_historyaroundyou_20070101
- Beetham, H. and Sharpe, R. Rethinking Pedagogy for a Digital Age. London, 2007.
- Collis, B. and Moonen, J., Flexible Learning in a Digital World. Open & Distance Learning Series. London, 2001.
- Kirkwood, A., and Price, L., ‘Learners and Learning in the Twenty-First Century: What do We Know About Students’ Attitudes Towards and Experiences of Information and Communication Technologies that Will Help Us Design Courses?’, Studies in Higher Education, 30:3 (2005), 257-74.
- Prensky, M. Teaching Digital Natives: Partnering for Real Learning. London, 2010.
- Assiter, A. Transferable Skills in Higher Education. London: Kogan Page, 1995
- Costley, C. “The Boundaries and Frontiers of Work-Based Learning” in Work-based Learning and the University: New Perspectives and Practices, edited by P. Portwood and C. Costley. SEDA Paper, 2005: 109: 23-34
- Harvey, L. “Defining and Measuring Employability” Quality in Higher Education 7:2 (2001): 97-109.