The Warwick Q-Step Centre is committed to encouraging a wider audience to engage with the quantitative elements of the social sciences. We are passionate about building long-term relationships with a range of schools and colleges in order to increase the number of quantitatively-skilled social science graduates in the future.
Our ambitious and co-ordinated recruitment and widening participation strategy focuses on three key principles:
- Narrowing the mathematics schools and colleges gap;
- Building strong links with local and regional schools and colleges;
- Recruiting more mathematically able students into Sociology and Politics & International studies.
Our strategy aligns the centre’s recruitment and outreach activities with Warwick’s Schools and Colleges Recruitment Strategy, which itself is focused on long term relationships with a range of schools and colleges selected to support general recruitment and widening participation goals. See the Warwick Widening Participation pages for further information.
- Warwick Centre for Professional Education Partnership Conference - 22 June 2017
- Warwick Q-Step Schools Outreach Event - 10 November 2016
- Warwick Q-Step Schools Outreach Event - 10 March 2016
- ESRC/Q-Step Schools Event - 12 November 2015
Quantitative Methods Taster Sessions
A programme of Taster Sessions for Year 12 students is planned for launch this year. Further details will be announced on this page shortly. In the meantime, please email us to register your interest.
School and College Visits
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the Centre, our Quantitative Methods degrees, or ways in which we can work with you, please email us at email@example.com.